Sometimes I just want some simple, quick tips to cooking certain items when you are in a rush. Maybe you are already mid-stream in dinner preparation… so here goes. This is my simple and tasty way to grill big, beautiful portobello mushrooms.
1. 3-4 Large mushroom caps, typically portobello
2. Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
3. Garlic, 3 cloves minced
4. Fresh herbs on hand
5. *Optional Ingredient: Goat cheese
1. Clean mushroom with a damp paper towel, removing any visible dirt on the outer shell.
2. Trim the bottom of the stem, but I like to keep the majority of the stem intact.
3. Gill side up, drizzle olive oil and salt & pepper generously onto the mushroom.
4. Toss some minced fresh garlic and any fresh or dried herbs you have on hand into the center.
5. Set mushroom caps, gill side up, onto a warm grill over medium heat.
6. Usually, you only need to cook these for 10 minutes. If they start to brown too quickly, set them onto foil to allow a longer cooking time = more tender mushroom, without the over done ness which results in a chewy mushroom mess.
7. Slice and enjoy as the main event in a salad or pasta, or serve as a tasty side to a grilled steak.